Configuring FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 14 17:04:16 CEST 2007

charles at copel.com wrote:
> Now I am trying to "Configuring my FreeRadius to use ntlm_auth for
> MS-CHAP" to authenticate my NT users, ok ?

  The page does document that.

> After that I configure the radiusd.conf file with the necessary changes
> (about ntlm_auth), I am trying to test the authenticate with a valid
> user of my NT Domain (by radtest) and the FreeRadius reject it.

  radtest doesn't do MS-CHAP.  The page tries to make this clear.

> The output of my FreeRadius´s console:
>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System

  You've done rather a lot more than just add "ntlm_auth" to the
"authenticate" section.  This means that the config that previously
worked... now doesn't work.

MS-CHAP.  This usually means trying a real login, without using
"radtest" or "radclient".