radius using 95 % of CPU

Defryn, Guy G.P.Defryn at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 17 06:00:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am new to freeradius and I just had to upgrade one of our servers to
RHEL5.

As part of this deployment, I have installed freeradius-1.1.3-1.2 and
openldap-2.3.27-5.

I have looked on the web and talked to some colleagues and this is
probably
and openldap issue. I am sure it has popped up on this discussion list
before.

radius is taking up 95% of the CPU. I seem to be getting errors that
says
that all ldap connections are in use (rlm_ldap)

Fri Sep 14 15:39:48 2007 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id
2992090000) for request 46

Fri Sep 14 15:39:48 2007 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id
2981600144) for request 47

Fri Sep 14 15:39:48 2007 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id
2971110288) for request 48

Fri Sep 14 15:39:48 2007 : Error: rlm_ldap: All ldap connections are in
use

We did not have any issue with version 2.29 of OpenLdap. Has something
major changed?
We are gonna downgrade for the time being but if you know of a solution
please let me know.

cheers