EAP (PEAP) MS-CHAPv2b how to

riky.none riky.none at email.it
Mon Sep 17 09:39:04 CEST 2007

I configure freeradius on basic autentication mode (using file
/etc/freeradius/users)

paperino Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "paperino"

topolino Auth-Type := EAP, User-Password == "topolino"

in local mode and in wired network freerarius test (with user local
paperino) is ok
in WI mode test failed (i not insert any directive in
/etc/freeradius/EAP) using paperino and topolino

( freeradius debug mode)

…..

auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [paperino/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client
dlink port 1 cli 00-15-E9-2B-D2-10)

rlm_eap: No such EAP type peap

rlm_eap: Failed in EAP select

modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns invalid for request 1

modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns invalid) for request 1

auth: Failed to validate the user.

Login incorrect: [topolino/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client
dlink port 1 cli 00-15-E9-2B-D2-10)This

This is the AP configuration

I want use autentication without certificate

HOW TO configuration WIFI (cliente xp) and freeradius using EAP/PEAP ???
grazie