Working MAC-auth. in 1.1.7, not working in 2.0pre2 (noob-quiz)

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 23:04:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

you are aware of what your logs are saying by the way?

> rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
> rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/ttls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
> rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/peap because we do not have OpenSSL support.

you built freeradius without openssl support - probably because you
didnt have the openssl-devel libraries/package installed at ./configure
time..or you are using the debian default package which doesnt come with openssl
support!

> In both cases i get something strange that i cant find anywhere in
> the configs:
>
>   Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
> +- entering group REJECT
>         expand: %{User-Name} -> 00-1c-a4-6e-0e-fc
>  attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
>
> What does this mean?

once again, it IS in the debug log(!) - have another look:

>  Module: Instantiating attr_filter.access_reject
>   attr_filter attr_filter.access_reject {
>         attrsfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/attrs.access_reject"
>         key = "%{User-Name}"

the reject packet is subject to an attribute filter - attrs.access_reject
DEFAULT matches then apply.

alan