Controlling access to my Wireless network.

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 10:21:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

> network, mac & xp.  I wouldn't mind using plain text passwords if that could
> be forced.  The only configurations that get close to working get as far as
> machapv2, then fail because of no nt/lm password.  If I could use the
> password from my ldap connection which seems to be working nicely, then I
> would be thrilled.  Could you give me the eap.conf that would do that?
> Thanks a million

it wouldnt be in your eap.conf for a start - if you want to use PEAP against
your LDAP then you'll most likely need to put the NT hash of their password
into your LDAP directory and point to that instead in your LDAP checks.
a lot (a LOT) of people do this and are present on this list. if you want
to use plain test password checks then EAP-TTLS with PAP inner is one
of the only ways - but for that you'll need to install extra software
on the WinXP machines

alan