Problems of Radius service

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 12:27:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

> 1.	If I enter service radiusd reload command in linux than freeradius
> process dead.
> 2.	Sometime, I enter radtest command than no response from service
> (process was running in that time)
> 3.	After I install mod_auth_radius to apache and configure complete but
> apache can't connect radius.

well, 2 and 3 occur because of number 1. but if the server is running
at the time then you have to check eg firewall rules or SELINUX reports

for number 1 - does the daemon have the rights to read its config
files and to write its config files - eg the user/group that you run
radiusd as - when you run as root in debug mode it happily
writes/reads what it wants.

alan