Possible FreeBSD Jail problem, or other bug in/with FreeRADIUS 2.0.0-pre2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 22 04:59:25 CEST 2007

Scott Lambert wrote:
> I've been expecting that there would be a similar chunk of code in the
> server that I could go find if you thought I was on the right track.

  Unfortunately, there isn't.

> I would not expect that code in radclient.c could fix radiusd.  I've
> been wrong before.

  It won't.

> I've been using radclient to debug because you indicated that it
> used the same library for matching up packets.  If the above is
> legitimately the bug I was looking for, I'll have to solve the proxy
> issue seperately, but with a better idea of what I am looking for.

  Or, simply tell the server to "listen" on the jail IP address.  That
will solve the problem, without code changes.

  One patch which *would* help is the ability to set the source IP
address for proxying.  It's likely not difficult to do, but the code
hasn't been written yet.