[newbie] radutmp question

tnt at kalik.co.yu tnt at kalik.co.yu
Sun Sep 23 21:43:12 CEST 2007

>But I still wnat to know if this problem happened

Read radius.log. If you see a line "Ready to process requests." your
server (re)started.

>is there any way to re-sync the radutmp file?

Why? You can write an outside script that will poll the access servers,
check that info against the radutmp and update it. But what would be the
point of that exercise?

>or recheck each user is still online or not?

That's what radcheck script does. Only in cases when there is a login
attempt and user is listed as already on-line. It will check if the
listed session is still active on the NAS. There is no need to do it at
any other time. Regardless of that did your server go down or not.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP