Possible FreeBSD Jail problem, or other bug in/with FreeRADIUS 2.0.0-pre2

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Mon Sep 24 19:14:48 CEST 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 03:57:36PM +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Scott Lambert wrote:
> > Could the server do the bind calls for the listen sockets and check
> > to see if the bound IP is the same as the one specified in the bind
> > call and if not, update the server to use the bound IP rather than the
> > configured IP at least in the case of listen { ipaddr = * }.
>
>   Yes.  Try the attached patch.  It seems to work, but test it for yourself.

You are good.  :-)  Worked the first time.

Without the patch, jail environment, default config:
Initializing the thread pool...
Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Listening on proxy address * port 1814
Ready to process requests.

With the patch, jail environment, default config:
Initializing the thread pool...
Listening on authentication address 10.0.0.25 port 1812
Listening on accounting address 10.0.0.25 port 1813
Listening on proxy address 10.0.0.25 port 1814
Ready to process requests.

Proxied the requests correctly.

I also build it in a non-jailed environment to make sure it still
listened on *.

With the patch, non-jail environment, default config:
Initializing the thread pool...
Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Listening on proxy address * port 1814
Ready to process requests.

Looks like a winner to me.

Is this something you are willing to add to the codebase or should the
FreeBSD port track this patch, and the one for radclient.c?

Thank you again!

lambert at lambertfam.org