Install Troubles

Brad Lachel stuff at d155.org
Wed Sep 26 19:58:46 CEST 2007

I am attempting to install freeradius 1.1.7 on an XServe with
integration with  Novell edirectory.  I ran the ./configure with the
--with-edir option, everything else was standard, out of the box.
The install appeared to go fine, but when I started up the server, I
received the following error:

radiusd.conf[1600] Failed to link to module 'rlm_exec': dlopen(/usr/
local/lib/rlm_exec-1.1.7.so, 9): Symbol not found: _debug_flag
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/rlm_exec-1.1.7.so   Expected in: flat
namespace

I assume this error is telling me that there is a problem with the
name of a flag in the rlm_exec file, but I don't know how to fix it.
Then again, I could be wrong.

If anyone can offer some help, I'd really appreciate it.

Brad Lachel
Community High School District #155
1 S Virginia Rd
Crystal Lake, IL   60014
815-455-8500 x 28
stuff at d155.org

All e-mail to and from this address is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies of Community High School District #155. All e-mail may be monitored and/or disclosed to third parties. Any views or opinions presented in an e-mail are solely those of the author and may not represent those of Community High School District #155.

Community High School District #155
http://www.d155.org