Free Radius ISP and windows domain logins

Andrew D (Webzone) andrewd at webzone.net.au
Wed Apr 2 07:56:19 CEST 2008

Hi there,

We are using freeradius 1.1.4 on fbsd5.5 for auth as an ISP.

We occasionally have dialup users that auth with a windows domain login
(without the domain set)

It is connected to a mssql server.
As I understand it, the following options are supposed to remove the
windows domain bizo

In SQL.conf we have.
sql_user_name = "%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name:-DEFAULT}}"

in proxy.conf we have

realm LOCAL {
         type            = radius
         authhost        = LOCAL
         accthost        = LOCAL
}

realm DEFAULT {
         type            = radius
         authhost        = LOCAL
         accthost        = LOCAL
}

in radiusd.conf

proxy_requests  = yes
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/proxy.conf

The client will have logged on successfully a couple of hours earlier,
but then we see this in the logs.

Wed Apr  2 14:32:54 2008 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the
database for request from user [donb]
Wed Apr  2 14:32:54 2008 : Auth: Login incorrect: [donb/] (from client
patton1 port 19 cli 0882648219)

And they get knocked back.

Is there anything I may have missed or misinterpreted?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers
cya
Andrew