Freeradius, EAP-PEAP, LDAP and users file...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Apr 2 18:02:41 CEST 2008

[i'm not subscribed to this list, so, please, put me on CC]

I've just setup a 'test installation' of freeradius in a debian etch
box (using freeradius with 1.1.3 recompiled by me to support EAP-TLS).

In my environments there's ever a LDAP server that serve, among other
thinks, also a samba3 server using standard stuff (smbldap-tools, ...).
Clearly my users are mostly (ahem, totally ;( ) windows XPsp2.

Firstly i've setup all the stuff using winbind/ntlm_auth to do the
MS-CHAP auth, but because i know that in LDAP the NT-Password hare
simply stored, and looking at the (deprecated) /etc/smbpasswd module
with the aid of some google, i've finally reached a good (for me)
working point: ldap module extract NT-Password and give it to mschap
module for authentication, with the bonus of group filtering, all in
LDAP (i've disabled 'unix')...

The strange, the only strangeness i've found, are that i was forced to
insert an explicitly 'deny' rule in users file, eg my users are:

 DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User, Ldap-Group == "ced"
 DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User, Ldap-Group == "diramm"
 DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User, Ldap-Group == "ricerca"
 DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User, Ldap-Group == "*", Auth-Type := Reject
        Reply-Message = "Gruppo non autorizzato"

if i remove the last entry, user got authenticated.

But users file was 'no match, no party'? What i'm missing?

Thanks.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/