Freeradius, EAP-PEAP, LDAP and users file...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 2 19:23:58 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> ...as a debian user, i prefer to keep on 'debian stable' ad using the
> offical packet, even if repackaged...

  ... with all of the bugs that were found & fixed in a later version.

> (so no match imply deny, that imply no WLAN-party ;).

  Please don't be cute.  It just makes it harder to help you.

> More deeper, i've not clear if this is a configuration error by me, or
> with this setup things NEED to be done in this way.

  The default configuration works.  There is very little you need to do
in order to make PEAP and LDAP work.

> It is two days that i run with 'freeradius -X' in my hand. I've solved
> at least half a dozen of trouble myself using the FAQ and other docs on
> the net.

  A common problem is that people change a LOT in the configuration
files.  Don't do that.  The default configuration works.

> I've shut off my test system, and i've accumulated too many 'freeradius
> -X' logs to remember where was the culprit, so please wait tomorrow for
> the config file and associated log.

  Please don't send config files.  Please don't send log files from
configurations where you have made large changes.  We KNOW that large
changes break the server.  We also know that the default configuration
works.

  Start with the default configuration and make small changes.  Test
them.  You WILL get it working very quickly.

  If you're spending a lot of time reading documentation, debug outputs,
and fighting with the server, it means that you have made too many
changes to the default configuration.