Unknown value ntlm_auth for attribute Auth-Type

Charles Jones linuxchuck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:12:16 CEST 2008

Thanks for the response.

My apologies, it was a typo when I wrote "authorize".  I meant
"authenticate" in that paragraph.  The ntlm_auth entry is already
located inside the authentication section of the
sites-available/default file.  I should have included that file
initially, but was a little pressed for space due to the size
constraints on the mailing list.  I will include it in this response
if it will help.  Perhaps I am not entering the information correctly.
 In the file, you can see the 3 different methods I used to try to
implement the authentication.

I have already tried removing the "Auth-Type" attributes from the
entries in my users file, and as far as I can tell, exec was already
instantiated in my current configs.  So with this suggestion, I am
back to "No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for
the request", and the request is rejected.

Again, thanks for the assistance.  I hope I am just making some sort
of simple mistake somewhere in the configs.

Respectfully,

Charles Jones