SNMP in 2.0.2: segmentation Fault

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 10 23:15:30 CEST 2008

Norbert Wegener wrote:
> I have 2.0.2 running and snmp enabled.
> When the snmp daemon dies, freeradius follows...

  When fixing the "detail" file handling in 2.0.3, I looked at the code
handling the SNMP sockets.  Ouch.  I don't think it works...  I tried
fixing it, but none of the newer distributions build net-snmp with SMUX
support, so I couldn't test it.

  I think the safest thing to do is to turn SNMP off.

  It may be best to simply throw away the current SNMP code, and use the
new AgentX support in net-snmp.  I've taken a quick look at it, and it
seems to be straightforward.