I have been struggling to get the EAP-TTLS to work.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 10 23:24:41 CEST 2008

Johan Nyman wrote:
> I have been struggling to get the EAP-TTLS to work.

  Why?  In 2.0 you install it, add a user as suggested in the FAQ, and
start it in debug mode.  If the client doesn't check the server cert,
TTLS will work.

> I have been following this guide:
> http://rbirri.9online.fr/howto/Freeradius_+_TTLS.html

  That's the problem.  Can you explain why you're following a guide
that's over FOUR YEARS out of date?  Why haven't you followed the
instructions and documentation that came with the server?

> And i think the setup of all things has gone fine (biggest problem i had
> was creating the certifcates).

  Uh... in 2.0, it's easy: start the server.  Or, read the documentation
in raddb/certs/README.

> - I am guessing that the /etc/cert/ca.pem is the "client certification"
> i created from the freeradius.

  Don't guess.  Read the existing documentation.

  And you don't need client certs for TTLS.