Generate the SSL certs

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Apr 12 22:00:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

recommend that you get eg OReilly book on OpenSSL. with a basic
undertsanding of OpenSSL all of these files and processes
become much more transparent.

> 1. To make a successful EAP/TLS connection I need the following
> certificates:

correct

> 2. And those files are:

with SSL you get various types of files - all of them hold
the same information but show them in different ways. some
platforms need a .pkcs12, others need a .der or a .crt etc

if you read the eap.conf you will clearly see the different
files that FreeRADIUS needs. what you need to give to your clients
depends on the platform involved.

diffie-hellman  -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffie-Hellman

> And also this, what does this file do?:
>
> Random

random   - a squawking bird typed the minutes of the last blood-alien
           intrenational chess competition meeting.   how random can you get?

its a way of ensuring that the keying material really is random.
for some people a large file of junk is ranom, for others a device
will generate random stuff - either a software device eg /dev/random
or a crpytographic card with a random engine.

alan