Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: FreeRADIUS configuration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 14 17:25:17 CEST 2008

volkan.goeksel at hsvv.hessen.de wrote:
> no the documentation doesn't explain it...

  Well, I don't know anything about the VPN gateway you're using.  Maybe
they have a mailing list you can ask questions on?

  i.e. configuring the VPN gateway is a problem for the VPN people.
It's not a FreeRADIUS problem.

> vpn works. but i want to install a radius server on the vpn-gateway1,
> because i want that the client on lan2 have to type username and
> password to reach lan1.

  Yes, you've said that.  The VPN gateway is responsible for doing all
of this authentication.  If it can't be configured to do RADIUS, then no
amount of changing FreeRADIUS will make any difference.

  Go ask questions on the VPN list.  It is not a FreeRADIUS problem.