Virtual-Server attribute matching in users file.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Tue Apr 15 06:57:42 CEST 2008

List,

I'm getting some config together to implement virtual servers with
freeradius 2.0.3 and I need to offer different attributes when the
request comes from different servers.

I see that there is a Virtual-Server internal attribute so I thought I
could do something like this:

DEFAULT Virtual-Server == 'dsl'
   Service-Type = Framed-User,
   Framed-Protocol = PPP,
   Framed-MTU = 1492

DEFAULT Virtual-Server == 'dialup'
   Service-Type = Framed-User,
   Framed-Protocol = PPP,
   Framed-MTU = 1500

However it's not working.  I can see in the debug that it is using the
'dsl' server but I'm not getting any of the attributes.  I can set it to
use User-Name == 'validuser' and it matches and returns attributes just
fine so I'm not thinking it's my config.

Also, I'm noticing that the server returns attributes even when the
access request is rejected.  Anyone know why that is?

Thanks,
schu