radiusd not starting

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Tue Apr 15 10:04:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

but even as root:root it's not working !
Shouldn't there be a access denied or smoething like this ?

Here is the startup:

############## more Rad2.log#####################
FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.3, for host i686-suse-linux-gnu, built on Mar 19
2008 at 10:23:16
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
including configuration file /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/proxy.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/clients.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/snmp.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/eap.conf
including dictionary file /etc/raddb/dictionary
main {
         prefix = "/usr"
         localstatedir = "/var"
         logdir = "/var/log/radius"
         libdir = "/usr/lib/freeradius"
         radacctdir = "/var/log/radius/radacct"
         hostname_lookups = no
         max_request_time = 80
         cleanup_delay = 5
         max_requests = 1024
         allow_core_dumps = no
         pidfile = "/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"
         user = "root"
         group = "root"
         checkrad = "/usr/sbin/checkrad"
         debug_level = 0