gdm and radius accounting

sub fitzkarraldo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 20:00:35 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

>  I don't know if the pam_radius_auth module does accounting; try adding it
> to the "session" config

I tried putting the line in the session section and it really works.
the server received an accounting request of "start" at the user login
and an accounting-request "stop" at logout.
it's ok but what I really need is accounting because I can't wait for
the user action to save informations in the db.

In the page of the project (http://www.freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth/) I see
"This is the PAM to RADIUS authentication module. It allows any
PAM-capable machine to become a RADIUS client for authentication and
accounting requests."
so I think that the pam_radius_auth module shoud support acconting :-p

furthermore at this page we've an example of the pam configuration file.
http://www.freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth/USAGE

some help?

sub