Need to check Freeradius V1.1.4

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 11:06:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

>  Dear all,
>
>  I need to perform some changes in our post-auth process.
>
>  We need to check a value in a sql database.
>  If value = XX , i need to add a reply item.
>
>  We already have links to the radius database for ip-pool but we
>  need to connect to an other database to achieve this.
>
>  Do you have an idea ?
>
>  I didn't find any modules to achieve this.
>
>  Maybe i can modify the sqlippool module, but i need some help
>
>  I can create a sql query in the sqlippool.conf and connect
>  in the sqlippool.c
>
> like this.
> >
>  sqlippool_command(data->stop_begin, sqlsocket, instance, request,
>                           (char *) NULL, 0);
> >

>  but is it possible to directly connect to the database and the table
>  in this sqlippool_command ?
>  adding the sql_db after the sqlsocket ?
>
>  Any others ideas?

options.

1) upgrade to 2.x and use unlang to do what you need in post-auth. very nice.
very easy

2) create another database entry and use the post-auth feature
to do as you want.  the other database can be talking to another
DB with no issues. for a while we had MySQL and PostgresQL
both running at same time - we called which ever one
we needed in the appropriate  radiusd.conf (or sites-enabled/* files
for 2.x)

alan