a newbie testing freeradius need help

jennie susan jennie_susan at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 14:59:47 CEST 2008

Hi alan,

i found some thing in the config.log file and i think the path is identified. here with i am attaching a part of the config.log (i dont want to crowd the mailling list). if you give me an hint that would highly appreciable. Thank you.

I am using linux (ubuntu 7.10), it has a pre packed openssl which is a "e" version, i read in a article and it says that it is a engine version "You are probably not interested  in engine ("e") version neither as it is mostly for crypto _hardware_." quoting from the orginal article the url was kind of big so i am not posting the url.

Before my original post i relied on the pre packed version of the openssl, then when i wanted to use eapol_test, it asked for a openssl, then i installed a new one.

After the first (eapol_test) test failed, you suggested to use the one that come with the distribution... but i didnt see any development headers and binaries. So i over write the OS and made a fresh install of ubuntu then tired to install openssl lastest version and free radius. now i am getting the same error.

Thank you for the time you are taking on me,

Regards,
Jreubens

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote: jreubens wrote:
> I installed new version of openssl and built the radius with the following
> command
> ./configure --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/include/openssl \
> --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/lib \

  Did it *find* the OpenSSL includes and libraries?  The output of the
"configure" process will tell you this.

> the radtest and the radeapclient test was through, i thought to test with
> the eapol_test, i have the following error (same error), any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> Note: i have the development headers at /usr/local/include/openssl, the lib
> files at /usr/local/lib and the bin files at /usr/local/bin and finally the
> conf files at /usr/local/openssl.
> rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support. // I
> DONT UNDERSTAND THIS LINE

  What part is unclear?  The server was not built with OpenSSL support.

  Exactly *why* this happened is a question for the "configure" script.
 See the output of "configure", and the "config.log" file.

  Maybe there's something wrong with your OpenSSL installation.

  Does your OS have a pre-packaged version of OpenSSL?

> i generated the test certificates as mentioned in the README doc in certs
> folder. i havnt changed anything in eap.conf except the ceritificates path,
> as you might have noticed i installed the freeradius in /usr/local/radius.
> and i deleted the make_cert_command. Thats all i did.

  What OS are you using?  Why is it impossible to use a version of
OpenSSL that comes with the OS?

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html