Configuration trouble with fail-over

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 29 17:35:03 CEST 2008

Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> It is not documented in the rlm_ldap file shipped in top-level directory
> (at least for release 2.0.0). The fact that there is a huge redundancy
> between this file and comments in default configuration files doesn't
> help maintaining a reference documentation.

  The configuration files are up-to-date.  Other documentation files may
not be.

  As always, we welcome patches to help fix code or documentation.

>>... if you have suggestions for how to make
>> that determination, I'm interested.
> No, especially as I got no clue about freeradius internals.

  There's no need to understand the internals.  All you need to do is
understand the configuration, and to come up with some simple logic for
the "right" thing to do.

  The problem is a common one in computer science: write a program that
"understands" what another program is doing.  This problem is generally
known to be impossible.