No authenticate method (Auth-Type)??

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Aug 4 08:31:59 CEST 2008

> Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
>> But i got the following error when i test the config.
>> auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
>> request: Rejecting the user
>
>   If you want to force authentication via the Perl module, you have to
> set that manually.

Isn't the line :

authenticate {
                        Auth-Type Perl       {
                                        perl

on the config file under sites-enabled forces for perl authentication?
Do i need to configure it smwhere else too?

As i see it checks the username/passwd via perl actually, because when i
give an invalid username i got the user/pass error. But with a valid
user/pass i got the (Auth-Type) error.

PS:I will use perl authentication only in one of my virtual servers..
Rest will use different auth methods..