Server not responding to requests

Yoho, Cindy Cyoho at umpublishing.org
Wed Aug 6 19:48:21 CEST 2008

Alan,

iptables -L -n output shows

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target      prot opt source        destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target      prot opt source        destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target      prot opt source        destination

tcpdump shows nothing when I am trying to connect.

However, ifconfig shows eth0 has the wrong IP address.  It looks like it
grabbed a DHCP address from my Windows DHCP server.  When I look at eth0
connection properties on the task bar it shows 172.16.3.4.  In
/etc/hosts, under System Administration Network Configuration,  and on
my DNS server, it is 172.16.1.15.  How do I stop it from using the wrong
address?  I see in docs there is a file called
/var/lib/dhclient/eth0-leases which contains the bad config info.

Orion, client file is correct, for the 172.16.1.15 address, anyway. :-\

Greg, server is not multihomed, but multi-ip addresses do appear to be
the problem.

Hi,
> Hi All,
>
> I have freeradius 1.1.7 running on RHEL 5.  radtest works with a local

> user setup, and also with authentication via Active Directory.
> However, anything outside the radius server host does not get a reply.

> I have configured a Multitech MA820 and also tried ntradping, and both

> get the same results - "Could not receive a response from server" is
> the message when I use ntradping, and "Server did not respond in a
> timely manner" is the response when I try to connect from the
Multitech.

> Is there some setting I need to check to make sure external access is
> enabled?

iptables?  your host is firewalled and therefore FR doesnt see the
packet at all?

tcpdump -eqntl -i eth0 port 1812

(if eth0 is your NIC) then do some stuff. do you see anything?

iptables -L -n

are there entries?  if so, ensure there are 1812/1813/1814 UDP entries
too!

alan

Message: 2
take a look at client file. there you can specify which clients ( IP
addresses ) are allowed . add the public ip of your outside clients/nas.