2.0.5 on Solaris with openssl 0.9.8h

Sergio sergioyebenes at alumnos.upm.es
Wed Aug 13 10:36:10 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok escribió:
> Rafiqul Ahsan wrote:
>
>> I am facing some challenges on building Freeradius 2.0.5 (Solaris OS)
>> with openssl version 0.9.8h. The Solaris 10 come with prebuilt openssl
>> version, and found at /usr/sfw/bin/openssl, version 0.9.7d. Prior to
>> building freeradius I built newer version openssl (v.0.9.8h) located
>> in /usr/local/ssl. here are the two openssl version now I have in my
>> Solaris.
>>

>   Why not just install the OpenSSL from sunfreeware?  They have a
> package pre-built...
>

>> When I built Freeradius 2.0.5 (I simply executed three comands,
>> ./configure make and make install) , I was expecting that it would
>> build with my desired openssl version.
>>

>   Why?  How does it know what you desire?  Did you configure the linker
> to prefer one version over the other?  Did you configure the C "include"
> references to prefer one over the other?
>

>> this. I sent openssl community this question, they wanted me to verify
>> whether I actualy built the freeradius with this new openssl version.
>>

>   Well... of course.
>

>> I am not able to understand what library it is actually built with,
>> because I could not figure out from build log, nor the configure. But
>> if I use the configure options as below, I see a rolling error (that
>> telling me that I must not have built the freeradius with openssl
>> 0.9.8h ?) :
>>

>   No idea.
>
>> Text relocation remains                         referenced
>>     against symbol                  offset      in file
>> <unknown>                           0x0
>> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(ssl_lib.o)
>>

>   That's a fairly useless error.  Are you sure that the libssl.a file is
> really a library, and not something else?
>
>   Alan DEKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I'm not sure and i'm not an expert, but *.a files are only headers
files. Cross-compiling wpa_supplicant i had to use it (libssl32.a i
remember) and, because is a only headers file, i had to use it's
equivalent *.dll file, which it IS a library. Also i don't know anything
about "h" version of openssl  but i have debian with openssl package
that comes in the installation and a compiled version by me too. In
theory you only need to tell compiler where are the libraries, header
files etc.