compiling freeradius with oracle support

Alexandre Chapellon alexandre.chapellon at mana.pf
Wed Aug 20 05:26:52 CEST 2008

Ok the modules compils great. and it creates rlm_sql_oracle-2.0.5.so
(and its symlink). I copy thoose two files in /usr/lib/freeradius
but when launching freeradius -X i get:

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_oracle (module rlm_sql_oracle) loaded and
linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to radius at localhost:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_oracle #0
freeradius: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql_oracle.so:
undefined symbol: OCIEnvCreate

Of course I installed the Oracle instantclient. I also added
/opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1 in ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig afterwards.
I tried to export ORACLE_HOME (to /opt/oracle and to
/op/oracle/instantclient_11_1) as an enveronment variable prior to
starting freeradius... but still with no success.

I have to say that no oracle instance is installed on the server (only
the client libs shipped in the basic.zip file, provided by oracle) and
so the instance freeradius is trying to connect to doesn't exist yet....
but i doubt this should be a problem for starting freeradius.

If anyone can help.... welcome.