compiling freeradius with oracle support

Alexandre Chapellon alexandre.chapellon at mana.pf
Wed Aug 20 21:38:55 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok a écrit :
> Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
>
>> Ok the modules compils great. and it creates rlm_sql_oracle-2.0.5.so
>> (and its symlink). I copy thoose two files in /usr/lib/freeradius
>> but when launching freeradius -X i get:
>> freeradius: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql_oracle.so:
>> undefined symbol: OCIEnvCreate
>>

>   And we now see the reason why the "configure" script didn't work.
>

>> Of course I installed the Oracle instantclient. I also added
>> /opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1 in ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig afterwards.
>>

>   Is the library in that directory, or in
> /opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1/lib ?

There is no lib/ in /opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1
as you can see:

~$ ls /opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1/
adrci  BASIC_README  genezi  libclntsh.so  libclntsh.so.11.1
libnnz11.so  libocci.so  libocci.so.11.1  libociei.so  libocijdbc11.so
ojdbc5.jar  ojdbc6.jar  sdk

>   In any case, use the *same* library path here that you used in the
> Makefile, as the "-L" argument,  It should then work.

here is the modified Makefile:

include ../../../../../Make.inc

TARGET         = rlm_sql_oracle
SRCS           = sql_oracle.c
RLM_SQL_CFLAGS = -I/opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1/sdk/include
RLM_SQL_LIBS   = -L/opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1

include ../rules.mak

As you can see i have here the same path in lib path and in the makefile:
~$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/oracle.conf
/opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1

I am wondering if something is not missing in the oracle libs i
installed...?
Do you have any clue that can help me to findout what is hapenning?

>> I have to say that no oracle instance is installed on the server (only
>> the client libs shipped in the basic.zip file, provided by oracle) and
>> so the instance freeradius is trying to connect to doesn't exist yet....
>> but i doubt this should be a problem for starting freeradius.
>>

>   That's fine.  The error above is much earlier in the startup process
> than the "connect to Oracle" phase.

Ok I was pretty sure of that.