PEAP mschapv2 using xp native supplicant

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 26 12:13:53 CEST 2008

Ryan Setiawan H wrote:
>>> rlm_mschap: Invalid LM-Password
>>> rlm_mschap: Invalid NT-Password
>>
>>  Well, that should be a hint.  How about trying to add a user &&
>> password in the "users" file?  An example is in the FAQ.
>
> when using users file it just work, the problem rose when using ldap
> backend.
>
> In ldap database, I've added the attribute LM-Password and NT-Password,
> and also add them in check item at ldap.attrmap

  The passwords you've added are invalid.  The debug message is telling
you that.

  Perhaps you could try posting WHAT you entered as LM-Password and
NT-Password.  Odds are you entered invalid ones.  Because the debug
message is telling you that they're invalid.

  You are making it difficult for anyone to help you.  Giving out as
little information as possible in every message is counter-productive.