freeradius, proxy and packet loss

Evgeniy Kozhuhovskiy ugenk at mgts.by
Wed Aug 27 16:43:55 CEST 2008

Hi all!

I have a freeradius 2.0.5 installed and configured to authorize to
realms (for example @a and @b)

First realm - @a - authorizes locally (via rlm_sql)
Second - @b - is proxying to remote server.

The trouble looks so (we take this with with tcpdump):
- my freeradius 2.0.5 server sends auth-req -- remote server gets it and
process -- remote server sends answer -- it reach our server -- ~95%
replyes goes to NAS'es, but sometimes my server says that "Rejecting
request 4490 due to lack of any response from home server xx.xx.xx.xx
port 1812"
(but in fact this response arrives to the interface of the computer with
freeradius installed - i see this with sniffer, but there is nothing in
freeradius logs about this packet)

--
With best regards, Evgeniy Kozhuhovskiy,
Leader of Services team,