User-Password required Authentication problem

Syed Anwarul Hasan syedanwarulhasan2007 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 13:08:37 CEST 2008

*yes Ivan.

Debug o:p  radiusd  -X*

Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1031, id=171,
length=57
        User-Name = "hasan"
        User-Password = "thales"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.131
        NAS-Port = 1
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "hasan", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
++[files] returns noop
rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for thales
WARNING: Deprecated conditional expansion ":-".  See "man unlang" for
details
        expand: (uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}) -> (uid=hasan)
        expand: dc=thales,dc=com -> dc=thales,dc=com
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to 127.0.0.1:389, authentication 0
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=Administrator,dc=thales,dc=com/thales to 127.0.0.1:389
rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: Bind was successful
rlm_ldap: performing search in dc=thales,dc=com, with filter (uid=hasan)
rlm_ldap: checking if remote access for thales is allowed by uid
rlm_ldap: Added User-Password = thales in check items
rlm_ldap: No default NMAS login sequence
rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
rlm_ldap: LDAP attribute userPassword as RADIUS attribute User-Password ==
"thales"
rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
rlm_ldap: user  authorized to use remote access
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
++[ldap] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
*rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject*
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> hasan
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Sending Access-Reject of id 171 to 127.0.0.1 port 1031

And the request/
* # radtest hasan thales localhost 1 testing123
Sending Access-Request of id 171 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
        User-Name = "hasan"
        User-Password = "thales"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.131
        NAS-Port = 1
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=171,
length=20*