Fwd: MSCHAP module returns OK, authentication fails..

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 28 16:38:24 CEST 2008

James Yale wrote:
> I've upgraded to the testing version of samba for FC9, 3.2.1 which
> unfortunately didn't resolve the issue - still getting the 'Invalid
> authenticator response in success request' problem.

  If it works when you put a Cleartext-Password in the "users" file,
then there isn't much wrong with FreeRADIUS.

  In this case, FreeRADIUS is at the mercy of ntlm/samba/AD.  If the
returned NT-key is wrong (and the supplicant says so), then there really
isn't anything that FreeRADIUS can do to fix it.

> Is there a known good version of Samba, or could the problem lie
> elsewhere?

  That version of Samba has been known to fix the problem for other people.