Compile problems

David Blood david at speedyquick.net
Fri Aug 29 03:01:03 CEST 2008

I wish what you said was true. I see that in Make.inc sysconfdir is set to /etc.  Great.  The problem is when I run radius -X after installing.  It says it is looking for the config files in /usr/local/etc/raddb.  I can use radiusd -Xd /etc/raddb  and things work fine.  The problem is making radiusd look in the right place without using the -d setting.

# radiusd -X
FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.5, for host i686-pc-linux-gnu, built on Aug 25 2008 at 12:08:03
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License v2.
Errors reading /usr/local/etc/raddb: No such file or directory

man radiusd tells me the config files are in /etc/raddb
the make install output tells me it put(rather tried to put) the config files in /etc/raddb

radiusd is just not looking for the config files in /etc/raddb.  Rather in /usr/local/etc/raddb

David