Problem with radzap

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Aug 31 17:58:02 CEST 2008

Pierre-henri Baraffe wrote:
> I have a mistake with my freeradius. On server with 1.1.7 the command :
>
> "radzap -u username -P port-nas 127.0.0.1 secret"  work with  no problem
>
> On a new server with FR 2.0.5,  with  the same command i have this error
>
> radclient:: failed to get value

  Hmm... that *should* work.  The radzap program is just a script around
"radwho" and "radclient".  It hasn't really changed since 1.1.7.

> I don't understand.

  Try running the commands manually.   See the "radzap" script for what
it's doing.  You can run the commands manually, and see which part is
failing.

  Maybe you don't have permission to read the radutmp file?