Problem with CPU load

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Wed Dec 3 12:27:32 CET 2008

Hello,

	We have a debian server (debian 4.0 etch) running freeradius 1.1.7. We
have compile it from debian source package, but including eap_tls and
eap_ttls support. Our user repository is an LDAP server (openldap
2.3.30) running in another host. This radius server is a Xen virtual
machine with 512MB of RAM.

	The problem we have is that sometimes it loads the CPU too much. An
uptime of the host reports loads over 100 points and a 99% of CPU
utilization. These loads last least than a minute, but during this
minute, you can't authorize anybody.

	Any idea of what could be happening?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez