Beating a dead horse, or freeradius 2.1.1 and active directory

Ben Little BLittle at skylight.com
Thu Dec 4 03:21:23 CET 2008

The how to lists the user account in bold indicating it should be modified to fit my environment.  I created a user named rtest in active directory and am using that account for testing I do not think it will matter if I create a user called user to test with but I can.

There is an entry in the users file that states (according to the how to this can be used for testing)
rtest   Auth-type := "ntlm_auth"

(Btw this fails unless ntlm_auth is inside quotes which is not shown in the how to)

Which doesn't work using radtest.

As far as the "warning" where exactly in the how to does it say to disable local auth because I sure didn't see it.  This is enabled in the default install apparently because I sure didn't enable it.

I appreciate the reply...

---
Sent from Blackberry handheld device