Programatically provision users to server.

Matthew Carriere matthew.carriere at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:04:34 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of adding a FreeRadius server to an existing
infrastructure in order to provision users through an application. I
am currently running a WLAN controller connecting several access
points. Currently users are added manually through the WLAN controller
interface.

Could I add a FreeRadius server and be able to programatically add
users to it? I need to be able to do this through a Ruby on Rails
application.

I am thinking I would have to either:

1. Use some sort of API
2. Run a script that uses a command line interface

Your thoughts and suggestions on this architecture would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew.