FreeRADIUS Server Version 2.1.2 has been released
Alan T DeKok
aland at freeradius.org
Thu Dec 4 11:39:17 CET 2008
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
We are pleased to announce the release of version 2.1.2 of the
FreeRADIUS server. The focus of this release is stability.
We have also created a "stable" tree on git.freeradius.org. This tree
will be used to release versions 2.1.2 and following. The "master" tree
will be used for additional, experimental features. There are a number
of important new features coming over the next year. Splitting
development in this way helps to manage the trade-off of features versus
We would like to thank Coverity for providing static analysis scanning
that highlighted a number of issues. These issues do not have security
implications, but they can affect stability.
The complete changelog is below.
* Allow running with "user=radiusd" and binding to secure sockets.
* Start sending Status-Server "are you alive" messages earlier, which
helps with proxying multiple realms to a home server.
* Removed thread pool code from rlm_perl. It's not necessary.
* Added example Perl configuration to raddb/modules/perl
* Force OpenSSL to support certificates with SHA256. This seems to be
necessary for WiMAX certs.
* Fix Debian patch to allow it to build.
* Fix potential NULL dereference in debugging mode on certain
platforms for TTLS and PEAP inner tunnels.
* Fix uninitialized memory in handling of vendor definitions
* Fix parsing of quoted (but non-string) attributes in the "users" file.
* Initialize uknown NAS IP to 255.255.255.255, rather than 0.0.0.0
* use SUN_LEN in control socket, to avoid truncation on some platforms.
* Correct internal handling of "debug condition" to prevent it from
* Check return code of regcomp in "unlang", so that invalid regular
expressions are caught rather than mishandled.
* Make rlm_sql use <ltdl.h>. Addresses bug #610.
* Document list "type = status" better. Closes bug #580.
* Set "default days" for certificates, because OpenSSL won't do it.
This closes bug #615.
* Reference correct list in example raddb/modules/ldap. Closes #596.
* Increase default schema size for Acct-Session-Id to 64. Closes #540.
* Fix use of temporary files in dialup-admin. Closes #605 and
* Addressed a number of minor issues found by Coverity.
* Added DHCP option 150 to the dictionary. Closes #618.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Freeradius-Users