Proxy - wrong IP

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 4 20:22:56 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 18:07 +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   You can control this.  Read radiusd.conf, and look for the
> documentation in the "listen" section.

What this means in a nutshell is that there is no direct way to tell
freeradius what source IP address to use when proxying (I'll be happy if
I'm proven wrong on that). The only way to accomplish this is to force
freeradius to listen on only a single IP address (which I think is what
Alan is suggesting). This will cause freeradius to use that IP as the
source for anything it sends. I have run into this issue on multihomed
servers and it's the only way I found to solve it.

--Greg