windows supplicant

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 4 20:30:34 CET 2008

I've been working on this on/off for 2 weeks now and I'm confused.

I found on this Windows laptop I've been playing with that I can't
connect via the built-in Windows XP SP3 supplicant but one connection I
can make is using the Intel ProSet (it's a 2100) but the only way that
I've been able to connect is using TTLS.

The Intel Pro-Set suggests that my connection is:

Security Mode: WPA
Encryption Algorithm: TKIP
802.11 Authentication: Open
802.1x Authentication: TTLS (MS-CHAP) and I note that MS-CHAPv2 doesn't
work here

So I'm now wondering if the problem is my setup of eap.conf the
MS-CHAPv2

I am authenticating RRAS from a Windows server and Macintosh and iPhone
clients without issue.

Craig