Disabling accounting logging (FreeRADIUS 1.1.4)

Ciaran O'Rourke Ciaran.O'Rourke at asavie.com
Tue Dec 9 13:35:11 CET 2008

Hello

We're running FreeRADIUS 1.1.4 on OpenBSD 4.0. We've implemented a
proprietary RLM that we use to manipulate auth and accounting packets
before proxying them to a central RADIUS server. Diskspace on the host
running FreeRADIUS is limited in size (deliberately).

My question is: is there a way to completely disable accounting logging?
I've tried commenting out the entire contents of the accounting section
in radiusd.conf (including the 'detail' and 'daily' entries), but this
results in accounting responses not being sent by the server (as if an
empty accounting section disables handling of accounting responses).

Thanks.