FreeRadius and Ubuntu 8.10

Jason Wittlin-Cohen jwittlincohen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 08:09:34 CET 2008

Note that the version of FreeRADIUS packaged by Ubuntu doesn't have SSL
support (so no TLS, PEAP, TTLS). If you decide to install from source you
should build a .deb package. It'll make it easier to administer and
upgrade/uninstall in the future.

tar -xvf freeradius*
cd freeradius*
apt-get build-dep freeradius dpatch
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
cd /
dpkg -i freeradius_2.1.3-0_i386.deb

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Paul Bartell <paul-bartell at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Sudo apt-get install freeradius
>
> Its a bit of an older version if i remember correctly, so if you need
> virtual hosts (or whatever they are called) you should compile from
> source. First get the tar file
>
> tar -xvf freeradius*
>
> cd freeradius*
>
> ./configure (with whatever modules you need)
>
> make
>
> sudo make install
>
> pretty simple if i may say.
>
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Matthew Carriere
> <matthew.carriere at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am also about to install FreeRadius, anyone have experience with
> > installing on Ubuntu 8.10 Server 32 Bit?
> > --
> > Matthew Carriere
> > matthew at blackninjasoftware.com
> >
> > -
> >

> --
> Random quote of the week/month/whenever i get to updating it:
> "Opportunity knocked. My doorman threw him out." - Adrienne Gusoff
>
> "At school you don't get parole, good behavior only brings a longer
> sentence." - The History Boys

Jason Wittlin-Cohen
Yale Law School, Class of 2010
jason.wittlin-cohen at yale.edu