How to compile 2.1.3 under Cygwin

Joachim Altenhein Joachim.Altenhein at mikado.de
Fri Dec 19 12:51:34 CET 2008

Hello,

i'm trying to compile Freeradius 2.1.3 under Cygwin.

I used './configure --without-rlm_perl' and './configure --without-rlm_perl --without-snmp --enable-static' which compile successfully.

I'm using a fresh cygwin installation and 'make install' works great.

But when i start 'radiusd -X' i always get:

 realm LOCAL {
 }
radiusd: #### Instantiating modules ####
 instantiate {
/usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/exec[24]: Failed to link to module 'rlm_exec': No such file or directory
Errors initializing modules

I do have the files rlm_exec-2.1.3.la, rlm_exec.a and rlm_exec.la in /usr/local/lib. Note, that the problem is not specific to rlm_exec. Same is true e.g. for rlm_expr and i think my installation is not able to load any rlm_*file.

Shouldn't be there some typ of .dll/.so?

Could anybody please tell my who to make freeradius for windows/cygwin.

Thanks,

  Achim