Some Help Regarding Remote Free Radius Server.

pushpraj nimbalkar pushpraj4u at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 09:26:07 CET 2008

Hello All,
  First Of All New Year Wishes to all of you.
I have configured freeradius server which is working fine for me. Now
my wifi environment is like 2 hotels and radius server in different
location. My radius server is kept in head office and i want my hotel
wifi users to be authenticated by head office radius server. It's only
authentication and accounting. Every Hotel have 1 ADSL connection with
one static IP.  Then I configured Linksys54GL with chillispot and
defined my head office radius server IP address(i.e. public IP address
 of my radius server.). Now in hotel when user connects to linksys
router then router forwards request to ADLS router and ADSL router
forwards same request to my Head Office Radius server. But Problem is
that radius server rejects request it gives error like :

"Ignoring request to authentication address * port 1812 from unknown
client 59.181.96.194 port 2054"

and when i  start radius -X at one place it gives error like

rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname= 59.181.96.194,shortname=AP2,secret=
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to look up hostname  59.181.96.194: ip_nton:
Name or service not known

It's is the Ip address of my hotel ADSL connection. And ADSL Router
dont have any option of defining radius server and secret.

Please Help me to sort out this problem.

Thanks

Pushpraj N.