Monitoring Tool for Freeradius

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 17:35:01 CET 2008

Julian Stöver wrote:
> Hi,
> oh yes, it's my mac ^^ I didn't recognized that.. So I have to change
> my question to "Why is the mac adress saved in the 'radacct' table?"

If your not doing mac-based authentication then I have no idea. Could be
a cisco thing, i've only got experience with HP ProCurve access points.

One thing it's not is a problem with is FreeRadius, unless you've been
messing with the SQL queries. Or if you were sending the Mac-Address
back as the User-Name attribute in the Access Accept packets... But
thats not the default.

Mac OSX 10.4 / 10.5 sends the same inner/outer identity by default,
unless you've altered the config to send the mac-address as the outer
identity.

Could you post an Accounting Request packet ?

Thanks,
Arran