need help in using mySql for freeRadius server.

johnson elangbam elangbamjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:17:03 CET 2008

hi,
    I am a new user in free radius with mysql, i've configure all the
necessary .config files (viz., sql.conf and radiusd.conf) of the free radius
for connecting to the mysql, but i wouldn't be able to connect to mysql
database. Please tell me how to check that my free radius server is already
connected to mysql and when i used the Unix username and password it
receives access-accept packets.
I've tried http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO also but the instructions
given there is slightly different from the one I am using. I am using free
radius 2.0.0.
Please help me in configuring this to connect to mysql.

with regards
Elangbam Johnson