weird error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 7 09:49:05 CET 2008

Joe Vieira wrote:
> im running 2.0.1 and i saw those errors at the end of a string of these
> errors...
>
> Wed Feb  6 10:43:04 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: Failed to remember handler!
> Wed Feb  6 10:43:07 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: Failed to remember handler!

  Ugh.  That means that something is going very wrong inside of the
code.  It was unable to store the state of the current EAP session, so
the session can't be authenticated.

  I'm not sure why this would be happening.  The EAP session storage is
keyed off of the "State" variable, which should be unique for every
Access-Challenge.  If it's accidentally creating the same state for
multiple EAP sessions, then that would explain the error...

  Is this on a 64-bit machine?

  I've committed some changes to src/modules/rlm_eap/ which *may* help.
 if not, it should now print more information about what's going wrong...