How can I start the freeradius server with user privileges other than root?

Paul Bartell paul-bartell at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 7 21:33:00 CET 2008

you could use sudo by editing the /etc/sudoers file. There should be
examples in this file. Then just add all the users allowed to start
radius to a group. and allow that group access to run
/etc/init.d/freeradius  or whatever is needed.

--
"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the
present controls the past." - 1984

Random quote of the week/month/whenever i get to updating it: "Its
like a giant mosh pit of atoms jumping up and down" - Ms. Fawcett,
when explaining the transfer of heat.