radsqlrelay - and default config

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 8 11:26:28 CET 2008

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> now - whilst radsqlrelay is recommended for those whose accounting DB systems
> cannot keep up with the real flow of packets - and we recommend it - its not
> productive to have imho a broken default config. the issues which i can see
> from this are the following

  (1) the queries are configured in two places.  This is bad.

  It's much better to update rlm_sql to have a "query_filename"
configuration.  If it exists, then queries are logged to the file, and
the databases are *not* used.

  That's probably less than 100 lines of code.

> so what I'd propose is we get a few folk who are successfully using this function,
> get their radiusd.conf entries, and have 2 sections for uncommenting - one for
> postgres and one for mysql.

  Or, delete the sql_log queries, and use the ones from rlm_sql that are
known to work.